Online shopping or transactions is becoming very common in urban as well as newly popular method in rural India also. Due to demonetization India is being forcibly pushed to making these virtual money transactions. As hard cash is being treated as past thing, people are in need to learn new methods thus we discuss 10 tips on safe e-wallet transactions.
A person may be making tickets booking, e-commerce transactions, online services or some other diversified options, knowing safe methods is mandatory. There are several advantages also, like time saving and mobility convenience savings and so on.
E-transactions have its disadvantages also. Users need to be careful with the data they are giving to the third party. There are always chances for third party websites planting cookies and data associated with our e-wallets being stolen. This will silently lead to serious security risks.
Even without the user having any knowledge his whole data might be loose in the internet which might lead to hacking and theft of hard earned money. So we are here to discuss the steps that would minimize these risks of falling in to such fraudulent deals. Below are few steps that would make online transactions safer.
10 tips on safe e-wallet transactions
1. Installing latest Antivirus and security software’s. It is best to prevent better than finding a cure, so installing best Security software’s would prevent harm from dangerous spam and malware in the internet. It’s advisable to purchase full versions for better protection.
2. Must check for encryption signs. The http signs in URL (website address) have to be checked and also whether the lock sign on the right corner is shown safe or not.
Encryption is a security measure that helps protect data while surfing over the internet. Even before typing any private information or sensitive data on any webpage, one must check if the website is using proper encryption.
3. Check website’s digital certificate. Before doing any transaction from online merchant websites, it is advisable make sure to check for safe digital certificates that can authenticate the website.
Some independent services are present just to authenticate the service provider which helps users to make sure that the website they are dealing with is genuine.
4. Using different passwords for different accounts. Using same password for all user mail id or accounts increases risk. If hackers can somehow get access to one password, they would virtually have access to all your accounts.
Most of the people use common passwords for a number of transactions including sensitive transactions like net banking and credit cards. The best way to keep it safe in the virtual world is to use unique passwords for different transactions.
5. Handling online e-commerce offers. Even an average user gets huge number of promotional mails and coupons as mails from retail companies daily. But while utilizing such offers, it is recommended to go directly to the seller site rather than entering details in the coupon link, which will be usually sent by third parties.
Popularity of a website is comes from several factors like ease of navigation or user experience. So, doing online transaction from good merchant e-commerce platforms makes sure user’s security is not compromised.
7. One of the safe options is “cash on delivery”. Many sites give this option, but user ignores it mainly because of carelessness in going through all details. If a site is offering cash on delivery option, it is best advised to use it. One reason is able to avoid online transaction and other to have chance to check the product before paying.
8. Avoiding usage of public computers for transactions / payments. One of the obvious things with public computer is that they are the first targets for any type of frauds. Most of the cyber-crimes also occur in such places only.
No matter in how much hurry, it is best advised to always use personal computers or electronic gadgets like phones or tablets to complete any financial transaction over the internet.
9. User must stay away from phishing / spam emails. It is easy to lure users by these emails which appear to be genuine. Any promotional mails from your bank or any third party websites or vendors seeking your sensitive bank details must be ignored as spam.
It is better if user reports it immediately. In India due to lack of proper computer knowledge many innocent users fell trap by such spam / phishing mails.
10. Use auto update for all security software. Make sure that you always have updated to the latest version of your browser and mail clients like Google Chrome, Safari, Opera and Firefox.
Even a small glitch in any of the software being used actively can lead to possible hacking attempt. The most commonly hacked software’s are web mail clients and web browsers. So these were the 10 tips on safe e-wallet transactions.