The stomach flu is technically not an influenza at all. We call it that because it makes us feel just bad as Seasonal Flu does. Stomach flu likely to be occurred when you are suffering from fever, vomiting, and diseases like diarrhea etc. There are lot more natural ways to get rid of that discomfort without imbibing yourself to take in the drug/antibiotics.
10 Home remedies for stomach flu
Here are some home remedies for stomach flu which doesn’t cure you completely but relieves you from the discomfort and helps in easing the stickiness for a while.
1. Rest :The first and foremost remedy for the stomach flu is considerable amount of rest to your body.
2. Stop Eating: Don’t eat anything for few hours. Give a break to it and let the stomach be settled first.
3. Heat: Put a heating pad on your stomach such that to ease cramps and stomach pain.
4. Keep your body hydrated: One dangerous side effect of stomach flu is dehydration. But when you’re feeling horrid, you may not be able to keep anything in your stomach, even tiny sips of water. The next best thing is an ice chip. Suck on a few to stay hydrated.
5. Clear Fluids: When you have diarrhea or you’re vomiting, you need to increase the amount you’re drinking. Sip slowly so you keep it down. Water may not be enough, so try sports drinks or clear broth.
6. Rice water: Rice water (water left over after boiling brown rice) is high in electrolytes. Strain it, cool it and sip it.
7. Bananas: Bananas are easy to digest and high in potassium, a nutrient often lost through diarrhea. They’re also high in pectin, a fiber that helps ease diarrhea.
8. Yogurt: Yogurt help bring your digestive system back into balance. Be sure to choose plain, unsweetened yogurt.
9. Ginger: With it’s natural inflammatory properties, this ancient herb has been used as a digestive aid and natural remedy for nausea.
10. Mint: Peppermint is another herb widely used to fight upset stomach. Studies have found that mint can help ease symptoms of indigestion and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).